Last modified January 1, 2018
The Information We Collect
How We Collect Information
How We Use Information
How We Share Information
How We Secure Personal Information
Limiting The Way We Share Your Personal Information
How We Communicate With You
Your California Privacy Rights
Other information we collect may include marketing information, including both offline and online information, such as:
- Behavioral or demographic attributes, when tied to personal information.
- Transactional data based on past purchase behavior, when tied to personal information.
- Data from marketing opt-in lists, consumer surveys, or publicly available information.
- Unique IDs such as a cookie placed on a computer, mobile or device IDs.
- Internet Protocol address (“IP address”) and information derived from IP address such as geographic location.
- Information about a device such as information contained in HTTP headers or other internet transfer protocol signals, browser or device type and version, operating system, user-agent strings and information about or from the presence or use of “apps” on mobile devices.
- Demographic information such as a consumer’s gender, age, and income range, when not tied to personal information.
- Behavioral data of consumers’ computer or device usage on websites or apps, such as advertisements clicked, websites and content areas, date and time of activities.
- The web search a consumer used to locate and navigate to a website.
- Latitude/Longitude data.
We may collect information from you in the following ways:
- By Asking. We may collect some personal information from you by asking that you provide it to us. For instance, when you register or complete a Request for Information form on the Website, purchase a membership, request a copy of the Inspirato® Magazine, book travel online, make or redeem purchases on the Website, or when you attend an in-person event.
- Web Beacons. A web beacon is an electronic file on a web page that allows us to count and recognize users who have visited that page. Among other things, a web beacon can be used in HTML-formatted email to determine responses to our communications and measure their effectiveness. For instance, if you get an email from us and click on a link in that email to go to the Website. You can generally avoid web beacons in email by turning off HTML display and displaying only the text portion of your email.
- Web Server Logs. Web server logs are records of activity created by the computer that delivers the webpages you request to your browser. For example, a web server log
may record the search term you entered or the link you clicked to bring you the webpage. The web server log also may record information about your
browser, such as your IP address and the cookies set on your web browser by the server.
- Geo-Location Technologies. We may collect information about the location of your device if you provide your consent. You may request at any time that we do not collect information about your location by contacting us at the address listed below under the Section titled “How We Communicate With You.”
- Social Networking Sites. If you log into your user account through shared sign-in services (e.g., Facebook Connect), you provide Inspirato® with permission to access certain information
about you from that social networking site, such as your user profile, friend list, and profile picture.
- Enhanced Information. We also may enhance the personal information we collect from visitors with other information from third party Data Sources, as defined below.
- Third Party Data Sources. We may receive marketing information from third parties, such as our vendors, data providers, and data partners (“Data Sources”). We allow Data Sources to send us marketing information that they have collected from both online and offline sources. This may include information from customer lists, website memberships, or other information created from a third-party’s own technology (such as proprietary modeling or matching technology of other companies).
Our primary purpose in collecting personal information from our visitors is to provide visitors with products, services, and information that we think may be of interest. For example, we use your personal information to:
- Complete or process transactions for you and send you confirmations and receipts.
- Fulfill booking requests you have made, plan vacations for you, confirm itineraries you have selected.
- Recognize you when you return to the Website.
- Tell you about updates to your account, products, and services.
- Answer questions and respond to your customer service requests.
- Monitor the usage and performance of the Website, and determine aggregate information and usage patterns.
- Make the Website easier to use, help diagnose problems with the Website, or enhance the Website for optimal user experience.
We may use your personal information to advertise and market our products and services (and those of our partners) to you, for example, to present targeted advertisements on the Website and other third party web sites, in email marketing, and in direct mail marketing. We also use your personal information to analyze the effectiveness of our advertisements, and to determine whether you would be interested in new products or services we may offer.
We may share information about you with third parties in certain circumstances including in the following situations:
- Sharing Your Information with Service Providers. We may share information with third-party service providers in order for those service providers to perform business functions for Inspirato. These services may include, among other things, helping us to provide services that you request, such as planning, booking, and providing concierges and activity vendors. Service Providers also help us to create or maintain our databases, research and analyze the people who request products, services or information from us, to prepare and distribute communications, or to respond to inquiries.
- Law Enforcement and Legal Process. We may report to law enforcement agencies any activities that we reasonably believe to be unlawful, or that we reasonably believe may aid a law enforcement investigation into unlawful activity, as well as disclose your information to the extent required by a valid order of a court or other governmental body or by applicable law. In addition, we reserve the right to release your information to law enforcement agencies if we determine, in our sole judgment, that either you have violated our policies, or the release of your information may protect the rights, property, or safety of Inspirato®, or another person.
- Sharing Your Information as Permitted by Law. We may share your information with others as required by, or permitted by, law. This may include sharing your information with governmental entities, or third parties in response to subpoenas, court orders, other legal process, or as we believe is necessary to exercise our legal rights, to defend against legal claims that have been brought against us, or to defend against possible legal claims that we determine in our sole discretion might be brought against us.
- Business Transition. In the event that we, or any portion of our assets, are acquired or we undergo another transition in our business, your information may be transferred to the acquiring company or other entity surviving such a transition.
- Behavioral Advertisers. We may participate in behavioral-based advertising. This means that a third party may use technology, such as a cookie or a web beacon, to identify you on the Website so that they can provide advertising about products and services tailored to your interest. That advertising may appear either on the Website, or on other web sites. If you would like to opt-out of behavioral advertising based on your use of the Website, you can do so by visiting the Network Advertising Initiative and the Digital Advertising Alliance.
- Marketing Initiative. We may disclose personal information or other marketing information to our third-party service partners for executing offline and online marketing campaigns. We may use third-party service providers, acting on our behalf, to create and display advertising or other content. This information is used to personalize our communications with you about products and services that are specific to your needs and interests. Rather than burden you with information that is not relevant or of interest to you, we try to target information that is specifically important to you.
- Partner Companies. We may share your personal information to carefully selected outside companies when we believe their products or services may interest you. If you do not want your personal information shared in this manner, please contact us at the address listed below under the Section titled “How We Communicate With You.”
- Blogs, Online Postings, and Testimonials. We may decide to allow visitors to share comments, postings, testimonials, or other information. If you choose to submit such information to us, the information that you submit may be available generally to the public. Information you provide in these areas may be read, collected, and used by others who access them.
- You can contact us at the address listed under the Section titled “How We Communicate With You” below any time to limit our sharing of your personal information. It may take up to 30 days to remove you from certain databases and lists. We will still share your information and communicate with you in connection with servicing your account, fulfilling your requests, or administering any promotion or program in which you have elected to participate. Materials we send you will still include some offers or promotions of our products and services.
- If you decide that you do not want to receive commercial emails from us, you can “opt-out” from receiving such emails by clicking on the “unsubscribe” link provided at the bottom of every commercial email. Please note that if you choose to opt-out, we will still send you email relating to specific products or services that you purchase, or email that we believe is pertinent to any communication that you have sent to us, or relationship that you may have with us. If you decide at a later time that you would like to receive commercial emails from us, you can re-add yourself to our communication list.
If we need, or are required, to contact you concerning any event that involves your personal information we may do so by email, telephone, or mail.
Under California Civil Code sections 1798.83-1798.84, California residents are entitled to ask us for a notice describing what categories of personal customer information we share with third parties or corporate affiliates for those third parties or corporate affiliates’ direct marketing purposes. That notice will identify the categories of information shared and will include a list of the third parties and affiliates with which it was shared, along with their names and addresses. If you are a California resident and would like a copy of this notice, please submit a written request to us at the addresses listed above under the Section titled “How We Communicate With You.”
- Shared Accounts. If you limit your privacy settings on an account that you hold jointly with someone else, your privacy choices will apply to everyone on your account.
Children.We do not intentionally collect information from, and do not tailor any marketing efforts to, children under 13 years of age.
EFFECTIVE DATE: 4/26/2018